Friday, September 7, 2007

party time

I have a full house! Or rather, full flat.

My colleague, Lola, from Dushanbe flew in with me yesterday and is staying in my flat until Sunday.

Today another colleague, Aina, flew in from Ashgabat and is staying in my flat until Sunday.

Tomorrow, Nazgul from Bishkek is driving in and is staying in my flat until Sunday.

It is going to be like one giant sleepover. I feel like I'm in college again! :) Fortunately, these women are all great, sweet, and fun to hang out with. And my favorite colleague from Almaty, Galina, is also in on the fun.

Tonight we're going to Turandot, the Chinese restaurant we went to for my birthday. Tomorrow we have a meeting that I've insisted on having on improving data quality while they're all here. Then tomorrow night, it's party time. We will have to bust into that Turkmen cognac I brought home.

For two of the three guests, it is their first time in Almaty. I am so pleased to be able to repay all of their help and kindness while in their towns with showing them around my city. Despite being on the road more than being in Almaty, I can still act like an "Almatinka" (native Almaty-woman)!

Too bad they all have to fly to Romania Sunday. At least I'll be able to sleep in. :) I've done enough travelling for the time being, let someone else deal with early-morning wake-up calls and airports! And seatmate B.O.

No comments: