Monday, October 22, 2007

old man winter

We went from having temps in the 70s last week to the 50s this week. My radiators have been turned on (ura! [ura=hooray]), and I've started wearing layers to work. Great walking weather, nice and crisp and brisk.

I've been eyeing all of the Chimbulak information, I am itching to hit the slopes! Fortunately next week my boss is off, which means I just might head up there on a weekday next week.

Thursday is independence day here, so I'll get to make up my Fourth of July after all! We have Thursday and Friday off, but have to work Sunday to make up for having Friday off. Does that make sense to you? It didn't to me, either. But at the office we've decided to go out and party Wednesday night after work to celebrate the holiday. I'm looking forward to a little shashleek, a little dancing, and a lot of vodka. ;> I will definitely take my camera. Stay tuned for the debrief of Independence Day, Kazakh-style.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how was Independence Day? More importantly, what are you dressing up as for Halloween?