Monday, December 3, 2007

party planning

There are two birthdays coming up in the office this week, and we decided to have the birthday party at my flat. It is centrally located and has two big living rooms, so it's perfect for a shin-dig.

Everyone's bringing something, and I have decided that I am going to make buffalo wings. I thought and thought and thought, and decided that that would be the ultimate American party food.

So I am going to go to the Chicken House to buy some wings. (Yes, the store is called Chicken House, I'm not translating it for you.) I hear they have great chicken.

I haven't seen any blue cheese dressing here (only ranch and 1000 Island) so I'm going to have to make my own. Epicurious to the rescue! Mayo + yogurt + blue cheese = blue cheese dressing!

I will scout around for some Frank's hot sauce, but Texas Pete's might be my only choice. Not a bad second. Bet you didn't think you could find stuff like that here, but you can. The randomness of what you can find. Surprises abound, both in the "I can't believe no one has this!" category, as well as the "I can't believe someone has this!" category.

If I have time, I'll also make some pinjur. Gotta through in something Macedonian, yannow. :) Besides, if I'm making something as bad for you as wings, I need to balance it out with something healthier.

No comments: