Sunday, July 1, 2007

29 June 2007: Day 1

Day 1: What a whirlwind!

I had just arrived, caught up with my friends, when the doorbell rang. It was the driver, I needed to go get visa photos because Monday they want me to head to Kyrgyzstan. Talk about getting me out in the field! Their RH coordinator is going on holiday for a month, and since I’ll be taking over her work while she’s away they wanted me to overlap with her for a week or so before she left.

Then it was hearing more about the project and the work I’ll be doing. Then I got to meet everyone in the office, then another meeting about the RH/MCH work being done in Kazakhstan. I still hadn’t showered from the flight, much less unpacked. It’s just a taste of what’s to come, but that’s good: I’m here to work and learn as much as I can.

No comments: