Friday, July 13, 2007

Hooray for found baggage

My suitcase finally arrived!

They took one my carry-ons away from me in Heathrow--the one with all of my makeup, contact lenses, pictures, and other personal effects that I wanted to make sure made it with me. (Thank heaven I had the good sense to pull out meds, important paperwork, and lock the stupid thing.) That little rolly-bag never made it onto the plane, despite a long 5.5 hour transfer time at Heathrow. The following day a gas line explosion occurred nearby, resulting in a runway being shut down and half of the flights cancelled. With all of the enusing chaos, my poor personal effects were lost for nearly two weeks.

But today I can finally put on some makeup, contacts, sunglasses, and look like an Almaty girl (they have a very high maintance look). I can also put pictures of Steve up everywhere. :) (Hi, Steve! I miss you!) The driver is taking me to the airport at 2. I am a very happy girl, and around 3 pm I will be a much more glam girl. YEAH! Now I'll finally fit in around here! ;>

No comments: